The Perma Pixie
The Perma Pixie (Taj Scicluna) is passionate and motivated to inspire and educate people to live more nourishing and regenerative lifestyles with a deep connection to Nature. Using her skills of Permaculture and Herbalism, she reminds those wishing for a deeper sense of purpose that individual and collective action can generate change and reformat the current state of humanity. Being a fringe dweller, The Perma Pixie straddles the worlds of nature connection and professional business, hoping this will ripple through to others and create larger effects beyond the scope of her reach. She intends to create a fusion of ancient wisdom with modern times, weaving the awareness of the past with the knowledge at present to form a synergy that will benefit future generations. This is where functionality meets alchemy, a marriage of the mystical and practicality, an awareness of the internal and external landscapes which can exist in harmony.
Taj is well versed in Permaculture Design, specialising in Ornamental Edible Gardens that mimic natural systems for beauty and efficiency. Her journey has now lead her to facilitate Social Permaculture workshops, focusing on the awareness of the self and how we may integrate ourselves back into forms of community for a positive impact on the Earths systems and processes.
The Pixie’s Proof on Paper:
- Permaculture Design Course (Southern Cross, 2009)
- Cert II in Horticulture (Swinburne, 2010)
- Permaculture Diploma (Eltham College, 2011)
- Dynamic Groups + Community Covernance (Robin Clayfield, 2012)
- Cert IV in Micro-Business (Boxhill TAFE, 2013)
- Regrarians PDC (Darren Doherty, 2014)
- Permaculture Australia Board Director (2014)
- Soil Food Web Course (Dr. Elaine Ingham, 2014)
- Permaculture Teacher Training (Rosemary Morrow, 2015)
- Advanced Design Course (Dan Palmer, 2015)
- Forest Garden Design Intensive (Dave Jacke, 2016)
- Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine (Ivy College, 2016)
Advanced Herbalism (Herbal Academy of New England, 2018)
Bachelor of Western Herbal Medicine
The Perma Pixie intends on creating a fertile and abundant world, where the Earth’s resources are distributed fairly and with care and responsibility. She aims to facilitate a fusion of Ancient Wisdom with Modern Times, weaving the awareness of the past with the knowledge at present to form a synergy that will benefit future generations.
This is where functionality meets alchemy, a marriage of the mystical and practicality, an awareness of the internal and external landscapes which can exist in harmony.
Through Passionate Permaculture Education and Regenerative Environmental Services such as Permaculture Design and the creation of diverse ornamental Edible and Medicinal Gardens, The Perma Pixie aims to nurture diversity and protect ecology through harboring healthy and resilient communities and ecosystems.