We are not currently hiring new teachers, but at the end of the year we will, and in general, we accept applications on a rolling basis in case somebody pops up who is an irresistible fit! If you feel called to join our faculty, please do not hesitate to apply.
Faculty contribute content to the course, are paid $100 an hour to mentor students one-on-one, participate in discussion forums, and receive generous bonuses for recruiting students.
Special encouragement to applicants who have any or all of the following qualifications:
- Live in the Global South
- Adept at digital landscape design
- Hands-on expertise in arid climates
- Hands-on expertise in the humid tropics
- Hands-on expertise in eco-building, appropriate technology, and/or associated, non-gardening skills in the permaculture milieu
To be eligible to apply, please make sure you have:
- A 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate, and
- At least 100 hours of lead or co-teaching experience in a permaculture learning environment, and
- Strong computer skills and an existing, functional website, and
- A broad and well-documented portfolio of real-life experience that includes implementing whole-system permaculture designs (not just gardens) in a diversity of settings (not just your own house)
Ready to apply?
If you have questions, please include them at the end of the form.